Clifden Campsite & Caravan Park 2024 Terms and Conditions
• The booking process used on this site is a ‘request’ for accommodation only. Completion of the booking request process does not guarantee availability of the accommodation or touring pitch, or of the price quoted.
• On submission of your booking request by email, then Clifden Campsite & Caravan Park will advise you of the price and availability. Confirmation of your reservation will be emailed to you.
• Any provisional booking made will be held for a maximum of 24 hours only.
• At each stage of the booking process, we will send you confirmation of your booking and any payments made by email. • Please note that there is no guarantee that pitch availability can be extended beyond the dates booked.
• It is your responsibility to check the details on your booking confirmation are correct and notify us immediately of any discrepancies. We cannot accept responsibility for any errors not corrected prior to arrival.
• Clifden Campsite & Caravan Park is a holiday and touring park and caters for families, couples and solo travellers only. We do not accept bookings for large groups of adults or groups of workers. Accordingly, we check not only the availability of requested accommodation but also party make-up before confirmation of any booking is made. If upon arrival, parties differ from that booked, then Clifden Campsite & Caravan Park reserves the right to refuse access, and no refund will be forthcoming. In certain circumstances Clifden Campsite & Caravan Park will accept bookings from clubs and rallies but please check with us directly before booking.
• Bookings comprise a contract between you and us, and are non-transferable to other parties.
• We will always endeavour to meet special requests, such as for specific pitches, or for parties wishing to camp on adjoining pitches, but these are not guaranteed and are not a condition of your booking with us.
• Data Protection: The information supplied in the booking process will be stored on our computer for the purpose of your booking and under no circumstances will be passed on to a third party. This will be deleted upon your departure. Please note that all public areas of the campsite are monitored by CCTV for guest safety and security.
CANCELLATIONS UNDER EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES:
• Cancellations must be received within 14 days of the start date and are not entitled to a refund.
• Cancellations made within 7 days of arrival are not eligible to be moved/re-booked at a later date.
• Refunds are not forthcoming if for any reason you should decide to leave early.
• We reserve the right to cancel your booking because you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions. Should this occur, you will be refused access or asked to leave the site.
• We reserve the right to cancel your booking due to circumstances beyond our control, such as extreme weather, unforeseen damage to your pitch or accommodation. Should this occur, you would be offered the choice of postponing your booking. We will not be liable to make any other payment to you.
• We may cancel your booking because the law prevents us from performing our obligations.
• Standard pitch fees for camping include two people and one vehicle, and two dogs, (unless by special arrangement in advance of arrival), with additional fees applicable for extra guests to a maximum of 6, and for extra vehicles (including trailers) to a maximum of two (see our prices page). Children under the age of two are free, and children from the age of 13 are classed as adults.
• There is no guarantee that pitch bookings can be extended beyond the dates originally booked.
• In addition to your main unit of accommodation (e.g. family tent, caravan, motorhome), you are allowed to pitch either an awning, a gazebo, or a pup for an additional charge.
• Pitches are not always defined on our site but they are very spacious. We expect customers to be considerate towards their neighbours in terms of the space they utilise, and by law, you must pitch at least 1m away from the border of your pitch, and at least 8m away from any neighbouring tent/caravan/motorhome.
ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURES:
• Check-in for camping/touring is between1.30pm and 7pm for all our accommodation. No entry will be possible before check in and our facilities are not available for your use prior or after your stay.
• We reserve the right to delay check-in times due to unforeseeable circumstances, and will endeavour to give as much advance notice as possible depending on the circumstances.
• Late arrivals, i.e. after 7pm, must notify Mena Farm of their expected time of arrival 24 hours in advance or late check-in may be refused and no refund forthcoming. Strictly no arrivals allowed between 9pm and 9am.
• Your location on-site and directions to it will be shown to you. If in any doubt, please check with us. Any guest occupying the wrong location may be asked to move.
• Unless you notify us of late arrival your pitch or holiday accommodation will only be held until noon the day after the booked arrival date, at which time it may be re-let without notice.
• If you arrive early for your pitch or accommodation, you will be requested to leave the site until the appropriate check-in time. We do not have space for you to wait, nor do we have storage space for you to leave your trailer or caravan here prior to check-in.
• Check-out for camping/touring is 12 noon. Late check-outs may incur a fee of €20 per hour to cover the additional costs of cleaning.
DURING YOUR STAY:
• Clientele at Clifden Campsite & Caravan Park and using its facilities do so entirely at their own risk and Clifden Campsite & Caravan Park will not accept liability for the loss or damage to persons and/or property, or accommodation or amenities becoming unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control.
• Wi-fi is available and free of charge in dining area beside reception. Please note, that this is very restricted due to our rural location and is not for streaming. The service may not be the same as you are used to at home.
• Reception times are clearly shown on the door as these can vary. The games barn is open from 9am until 10pm. Our shower, toilet and wash-up facilities are available 24 hours per day. Please refrain from using the laundry facilities between 10pm and 9am inclusive.
• No cycling is permitted on site. The layout and nature of the site makes this unsafe for all on site. Parents are responsible for not letting their children cycle freely. BEHAVIOUR:
• The lead name on the booking will be responsible for all payments and the behaviour of all party members and visitors.
• We expect our guests to behave in a courteous and considerate manner towards us, our staff, and anyone else working on-site and other guests at all times.
• In the instance of behaviour detrimental to other guests, visitors, staff or property, those deemed responsible by the management will be asked to leave the site. No refunds will be made. Detrimental behaviour includes, but not limited to, breach of these terms and conditions and site rules, vandalism, inappropriate use of the site, anti-social or disruptive behaviour, any discrimination against, or harassment for reason of sex, race, colour, religion, religious or philosophical belief, nationality, age, ethnic origin, relationship status, disability, sexual orientation or gender re-assignment.
• Up to 2 well behaved, happy, friendly dogs are welcome at Clifden Campsite & Caravan park. These must be kept on a lead at all times and not let run around freely in the camping ground. Dogs are not permitted to stay outside any accommodation overnight. Clifden Campsite & Caravan Park reserves the right to refuse certain breeds of dog that it deems inappropriate on a family site, this includes any breed/crossbreeds listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act, and/or any of the following: American Staffordshire terrier, Rottweiler, any Mastiff or Tosa. Aggressive or noisy dogs are not tolerated. Please contact us directly in advance of booking to discuss. Owners must clean up their dog’s mess anywhere on the site. Badly behaved dogs and their owners will be asked to leave. We allow a maximum of two dogs per pitch, or unit of accommodation free of charge.
• There is a strictly enforced ‘no noise’ policy after 10pm, at which time we lock the games barn, and close the park gate, and guests are expected to be considerate to all other residents on the park.
• We reserve the right to refuse bookings from parties, or to request parties to leave the site that may have a ‘negative’ effect to others, without notice or refund.
• We reserve the right to refuse entry into any facility, or the provision of any service or accommodation to any person if they appear to be physically or mentally impaired by the consumption of alcohol or use of recreational drugs, (including appearing hung-over or smelling of drugs or alcohol), and are considered a risk to, or have a potential detrimental impact on, themselves, visitors, guests, staff, or property.
• We do not allow the use of generators.
• Music must be muted at all times and is banned from 10pm onwards. Unnecessary noise outside of these hours to our other campers will not be tolerated. Disruptive guests and their pets will be asked to leave.
• You are welcome to have day visitors during your stay, but in the interests of security and safety, they must register with reception upon arrival, and depart the site by 9pm. It is your responsibility to ensure that they abide by these terms and rules whilst on-site.
• You must not use the site in connection with any criminal activity, or commit any other criminal offence at the site or in the vicinity, including the keeping and usage of banned substances.
• Please inform us of any problems that occur during your stay as we regret that we cannot rectify complaints once you have left the site.
• Please do not damage our trees or plants, dig holes, alter your accommodation/pitch, commit any act of vandalism or otherwise damage to our property, harm or harass wildlife or our pet chickens.
• All site roads and areas are subject to Road Traffic Law, and the site guest speed limit of 5kmph should be adhered to at all times. Vehicles should be used on-site for access to the accommodation/pitch only. No driving is permitted around the site between 11pm and 7am.
• Uninsured or untaxed vehicles, or commercial and sign-written vehicles are not allowed on-site, and we do not accept bookings from groups of workers.
• Cars can park next to their pitches on hardstand and not on the grass, unless weather or circumstances dictate otherwise. Any additional vehicles may have to park elsewhere on-site and carries an extra fee.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
• Anyone who is on the Violent and Sex Offender Register or subject to a Risk of Sexual Harm Order or a Child Abduction Warning Notice (or any register, order or notice succeeding these) is not allowed to stay or visit the site.
• Use of barbeques are permitted, but customers must comply strictly with the guidance provided upon check-in, and displayed around the site, governing their safe usage, and responsibility towards the park. Campfires and firepits are NOT permitted.
• Children must be supervised at all times, and are not allowed to climb onto the hedgerows, trees, buildings or walls. We ask everyone to stay away from flower beds.
• The use, possession or storage of firearms, air or gas operated rifles or pistols, items of an explosive nature (including fireworks) or any other offensive weapon is not permitted.
• Use of remote-controlled flying objects including drones, and motorised scooters or similar (except those for disabled use) are not permitted anywhere on-site. Kite flying is only allowed in designated areas. Please check with reception. • Fire and other regulations in force on the site are strictly enforced.
• All Clifden Campsite & Caravan Park buildings including nearby farm buildings are non-smoking areas. This applies to cigarettes, vaping and all other electronic and traditional smoking devices.
• Any accidents or incidents must be reported to reception immediately.
WASTE DISPOSAL, RECYCLING AND THE ENVIRONMENT:
• We recycle as much as possible and have a dedicated waste disposal/recycling area with clear instructions on recyclable materials. Please place any rubbish bags in the main site bins, and do not leave on the park itself. Please refrain from placing any other items than general household waste in the bins. Items such as tents, chairs, duvets, pillows etc. can be disposed of at the local recycling centre on the main Clifden/Galway Road N59. For directions – please ask at reception.
• Glass bottles and cans are brought to the recycling centre by us and these must be disposed of in the designated area in the campsite. Please refrain from dumping them in the bins.
• A dedicated food bucket is provided for waste food. This is given to the local pig farmer and we therefore you follow the instructions on what to use this bucket for.