We thank you for choosing Clifden Campsite & Caravan Park for your holidays this year and a warm welcome awaits your arrival. We all deserve a holiday and to meet up among’st family and friends. Thankfully camping can provide a suitable means to do so and we are happy to re-open on May the 1st 2022. However, please remember that the world is not Covid-19 free and not everyone is vaccinated. Our aim is not only for everyone to have a great holiday, but also return home healthy and COVID-19 free. While we want you to enjoy your holiday, we still have a duty to protect our staff and ensure our visitors safety. Please find below regulations we ask you follow. We ask you to read them carefully prior to your arrival, and ensure that all members of your party are familiar with them, including children and teenagers..
- Check-in time is between 1pm and 8pm. We cannot accept late arrivals. Check out is at 11.30 am.
- Upon arrival, you must stop at reception and register, even if other members of your family or friends have already registered and set up camp.
- Full payment is required upon registration for the nights you have reserved. There will be no refunds for early departure.
- Your pitch will be allocated to you. In order to ensure social distancing rules, please do not pitch anywhere else. All pitches were allocated in order of first come first served upon reservation and no preferences were given.
- As much as possible families and friends pitches will be kept in the same area. We would ask that you please respect everyone’s space.
- Children must be supervised by their parents/guardians at all times while on site. Please keep them in the section you are pitched in.
- We regret to inform you that no cycling is allowed in the caravan park as sadly we have found children to be negligent, dangerous and inconsiderate of fellow campers.
- Our camper’s kitchen, dining area and communal games room are open this year. The fridge, kettle and toaster will be accessible. Remember to clean and disinfect after your use with disinfectant provided. Failure to do so will result in closure of the communal areas.
- Our strict rule of no noise after 10 pm is enforced for the comfort of all campers. Groups or gathering of unruly drinking are not tolerated. Anyone found to cause trouble or noise will be asked to leave the campsite without refund. (even if under the influence of alcohol).
- No campfires are permitted, only small charcoal BBQ’s which need to be kept off the grass are allowed. No timber is to be burnt on the campsite and please refrain from breaking our trees. We have a designated area for ONE campfire which must be pre-booked in reception.
- Midges are part of life and nature in Connemara during warm humid weather. Please come prepared and keep your doors and windows zipped/closed. No refund is given if you cannot handle or are allergic to them. Midge repellent is available for sale in reception if required. We feel your pain, all residents of Connemara live with them!
- Our shop will be fully stocked this year with fresh bread, baked goods, milk, drinks and essentials.
- Please be mindful when throwing away your rubbish. Paper & plastic in the recycling bin, glass bottles and cans in crates provided, food waste in compost bucket and all other trash in general bin. Broken tents, furniture, camping equipment or blow up mattresses must be taken home with you and not left in campsite bins.
- Our facilities are cleaned and disinfected at regular intervals. To facilitate this, these will be closed during cleaning times.
We hope you understand the difficulties encountered in ensuring that the campsite remains peaceful, enjoyable and clean as well as COVID-19 free and kindly request your co-operation. This will guarantee an enjoyable holiday, which will be remembered for all the right reasons, by everyone.